- I handcrafted this recycled sterling silver pendant to showcase a remarkable piece of fossilized coral from Iowa. The golden tones, subtle sparkle, and line patterns make this polished fossilized coral a true natural wonder that captivates all who glance in its direction. Fossils are formed over millions of years as natural minerals replace ancient life forms, and this one is from an ancient ocean that once covered the land of Iowa. A Holly Blue Agate from Oregon hangs below, exuding an elegant and soothing lavender color. Underneath the agate, a recycled 14K yellow gold drop completes the flow of this piece. The fossilized coral was cut and polished by a lapidary artist in Massachusetts.
The pendant also comes with a beautiful handwoven removable 16" recycled fine silver chain. I made this chain from scratch, shaping and fusing each individual link using a 5000 year old jewelry-making technique. I then made the recycled sterling silver hook and eye clasp to keep the chain on securely. The chain is strong, yet feels very light and soft to the touch, and also looks lovely when worn alone: two necklaces in one!
The pendant is 43mm at widest point and 59mm long. Includes a handwoven recycled fine silver chain that is 16" long including the handmade clasp. The back of the pendant is stamped with the Beryllina hummingbird logo, "925" (to denote sterling silver), and "14K".
Handmade in Concord, MA.
- fossilized coral (mined in Iowa, cut by a lapidary artist in Massachusetts)
- Holly Blue jasper (mined in Oregon)
- recycled sterling silver
- recycled 14K yellow gold accent
- recycled fine silver chain
- Ready to ship this one-of-a-kind necklace to you immediately!
The display stone in the photos is not included.
All gems and minerals in Beryllina jewelry are untreated, responsibly-sourced, and mined in the US. All precious metals are 100% recycled; all raw silver, gold, and platinum is sourced from a certified recycled refinery in Virginia.